We published a new design for typemill.net yesterday. It will become the new standard theme called cyanine. The old standard theme will be available for download in future, but I won't make major improvments to it anymore.
The new standard theme has a lot of improvements:
- The size is reduced from 600kb to 60kb.
- It uses the tachyons css library which is much easier to maintain.
- It does not use old-school font-icons anymore, in fact it does not use any icons.
- Like all themes it is super fast.
The theme supports a lot of new features, among them:
- Configure brand colors for your website.
- Choose between fonts (separated into base font, headline font and navigation font).
- configure a three column footer.
- Activate an optional landingpage.
The landing page has several segments, that you can activate and configure:
- Intro segment (that shows the content of the homepage and an optional button).
- Info segment (with pure markdown).
- Feature segment (with two boxes).
- Contrast segment (with inverted colors with title, text and button).
- Navigation segment (choose the depth of the navigation).
- News segment (choose the folder, three latest items will be listed).