There are a lot of plans for future releases of TYPEMILL, but it also follows the concept of simplicity. To prevent TYPEMILL from becomming a feature soup, it will strictly focus on the writers needs.
Here are some milestones of the past:
- Introduction of TYPEMILL (v. 1.0.0)
- Added a google sitemap (v. 1.0.1)
- Added a table of contents tag (TOC) (v. 1.0.5)
- Introduced plugins (v. 1.1.0)
- Added an author panel for configurations (v. 1.1.3)
- Added math support (mathjax/katex) (v. 1.1.5)
- Added a basic content editor to edit and delete existing pages (v. 1.2.0)
- Added a draft management for pages (v. 1.2.2)
- Re-order content pages with drag&drop (v. 1.2.3)
- Create new pages (v. 1.2.5)
- Use a visual markdown editor with content blocks (v. 1.2.6)
- Reorder content blocks (v. 1.2.7)
- Upload and handle images (v. 1.2.8)
- Introduced frontend forms and added videos (youtube) (v. 1.2.9)
- Editor: Edit other block formats visually (v. 1.2.10)
And here is the roadmap for 2019:
- Editor: Edit tables visually (v. 1.2.11)
- Editor: Edit inline formats like links, bold and italic (v. 1.2.12)
- Editor: Add content blocks above existing blocks (v. 1.2.13)
- Add meta-data to a page (v. 1.3.0)
- Add more plugins (v. 1.3.1)
- Add more themes (v. 1.3.2)
- Add output formats like mobi, epub and more (v. 1.3.3)
In the long run, TYPEMILL should become a lightweight but fully featured publishing system with many more features:
- Additional output formats like mobi, epub and pdf.
- Member area with pro-content.
- Microservices for pro-features like job-adds, service providers or text-adds.
- Many more themes.
- Plugins for search, comments, RSS, E-Mails, newsletters and much more.
If you miss a feature or if you found a bug, please report it on GitHub.