TYPEMILL uses markdown, but it also provides a fancy visual markdown editor that will make your live much easier. The visual editor is still experimental and many features are missing. But once all features are done it will help you to create beautiful pages even if you don't know the markdown syntax at all. The visual editor uses small blocks of markdown-content and directly transforms them into an HTML-preview. You can create, edit, reorder and delete each content block separately like this:
There are some tricks to speed up your writing process:
- If you add two returns at the end of each block, the actual block will be stored and transformed and a new block opens.
- If you add one return in an empty block, then the block will close.
This way you do not need to click any button and simply keep writing as long as you want.
Right now there are only three options, but more will follow soon:
- A button to add markdown with a textfield.
- A button to upload and handle images.
- A button to add a video (youtube only).
Handling images is pretty easy as you can see:
The visual mode is still experimental. For now the standard mode is the raw-markdown editor. It is a simple textarea without any buttons, so it might look a bit nerdy if you are not familiar with markdown. You can switch to the visual mode in the publish controller that sticks at the bottom of each page or you can change the default mode in the system settings.