TYPEMILL requires a minimal, structure and a small set of mandatory files:
/myTheme - 404.twig - index.twig - cover.twig - myTheme.jpg - myTheme.yaml
- /myTheme: A theme folder. The name of the folder is the name of the theme.
- 404.twig: The template for an "Error 404, file not found" page. It is mandatory.
- index.twig: The template for all other pages. It is mandatory.
- cover.twig: The template for a different startpage-design. It is optional.
- myTheme.jpg: A preview picture of your theme. It is mandatory. The file must be named exactly like the theme folder. Minimum width is 800px.
- myTheme.yaml: A configuration file for your theme with the author name, version number, and other information. This is not mandatory, but highly recommended. The file must be named exactly like the theme folder.
If you want to create a more complex structure, then you can do whatever you want, as long as you follow the basic structure and conventions described above.
However, if you don't have an idea how to start, then you can follow this example:
layoutStart.twig: Layout for the static star page, usually with the html head, a page structure, and other stuff.
layout.twig: Layout for all other pages, usually with the html head, a page structure and other stuff.
navigation.twig: The content navigation of the page. Include this in your main your layout files.
header.twig: The header area of your page. Include this in your main layout files.
footer.twig: The footer area of your page. Include this in your main layout files.
cover.twig: Template with the content for an individual start page. The cover.twig file extends the layoutStart.twig file.
index.twig: Template for all other pages. The index.twig file extends the layout.twig file.
404.twig: Template for the Error 404 page. The 404.twig file extends the layout.twig file.
themeName.yaml: The meta-information with version, author name, and other stuff.
In Twig, you can include and extend templates, and create a template hierarchy. Read the Twig chapter to understand how this works.