TYPEMILL is a modern and lightweight software with nearly no requirements. All you need is:
- A webserver (Apache) (to host TYPEMILL)
- PHP 7.0+ (to run TYPEMILL)
- FTP (to upload your content files)
What you don't need:
- A lot of space (TYPEMILL is lightweight with less than 5MBs)
- A database (TYPEMILL uses files, not a database)
- Technical skills (TYPEMILL is easy to use for non-technical people)
Almost any hosting package provides a webserver with php. If you ever hosted your own website, then chances are high, that you can run TYPEMILL there without any problems.
Typemill supports the following browsers:
- Firefox (heavily tested)
- Chrome (tested)
- Edge (basic tests)
- IE11 (basic tests)
- Safari (not tested)
I use Firefox and XAMPP for development. If you use another stack like Safari / OS, then try it, but I have no possibility to test or fix it.